Rotary Club of Annapolis scholarship applications
ROTARY CLUB OF ANNAPOLIS
The ROTARY CLUB OF ANNAPOLIS, Maryland is an organization of business, civic and professional community leaders whose purpose is to promote, foster and encourage the ideals of “SERVICE ABOVE SELF.” Rotary is an international organization with over 32,000 clubs in over 165 countries.
This year the ROTARY CLUB OF ANNAPOLIS will award four (4) $1,000 scholarships to graduating seniors attending Annapolis area high schools (including home schooled). The Scholarship funds must be used to help defray college expenses.
The Scholarships will be awarded at a regularly scheduled luncheon meeting of the club. The time and place of the luncheon will be announced at a later date.
The applicants must meet the following qualifications to be considered for these scholarships (strong emphasis is placed on community services):
• Be a graduating senior
• Be a resident of Anne Arundel County
• Attend a high school in the Annapolis Area
• (Including home schooled students)
• (Children and grandchildren of Rotarians are not eligible to apply)
• Members of a Rotary “Interact” high school organization are eligible
• Planning to attend an accredited community college, college or university
• Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
• Have demonstrated involvement in school activities
• Have demonstrated significant involvement in community service activities
• Completed and mailed a Rotary Club of Annapolis Scholarship Application post marked no later than April 1, 2014
Mail completed application to: ATTENTION: Scholarship Committee
Rotary Club of Annapolis
Po Box 3175
Annapolis, Md 21403